Vegan Dad’s Ultimate Vegan Hot Wingz: I endorse the fuck out of this recipe. if you are a vegetarian or vegan who likes spicy, meaty things, you will probably enjoy these. the mushrooms in the seitan mix make a huge difference. we use them as seitan nuggets for dipping in all kinds of sauces, not just as wings.
- being a vegetarian, I don’t bother with soy milk. I just use regular dairy milk soured with white vinegar, but you could use straight-up buttermilk if you have it around (who just keeps buttermilk around, though?).
- panko crumbs work okay for the breading, but crushed cornflakes make for a much more sturdy coating that covers the wings more completely.
- you can replace the poultry seasoning in the seitan mix with veggie chicken-style boullion for a more chicken-ish taste. I don’t usually bother, since I prefer the way seitan itself tastes. if you’re using these as nuggets instead of wings, you might prefer it to taste chicken-ish.
- use this sauce recipe: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup sriracha, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp brown sugar. heat and stir together. never go back to using frank’s red hot again.
LET NO MAN PART YOU FROM VEGGIE HOT WINGS.
- litentirsdag likes this
- litentirsdag reblogged this from foodiwanttoeat
- raised-by-hyenas likes this
- lesserajax likes this
- paraphrased likes this
- sengis reblogged this from partysoft and added:
- partysoft reblogged this from sengis and added:
- dominusbeta likes this
- adamthegirl likes this
- littlewonders9-20 likes this
- endisnigh likes this
- homoeconomics likes this
- foodiwanttoeat reblogged this from terrorbull and added:
- wandatinasky likes this
- nobloodfortechno likes this
- partysoft likes this
- zincfingers likes this
- mattoneski reblogged this from sengis
- galesofnovember reblogged this from sengis
- galesofnovember likes this
- gardeinaddict reblogged this from sengis
- unocookbook likes this
- sengis posted this